A collaborative work platform is a virtual workspace. It is a tool, sometimes in the form of a website that centralizes all the tools related to the management of a project, knowledge management or the functioning of an organization and makes them available to stakeholders. (Source : Wikipedia)
The use of a collaborative platform is also considered to be an Eco-TIC (Green TI) action. It makes it possible, among other things to reduce the consumption of data on network and local disks, to control the number of documents and versions in circulation in the organization, to manage the life cycle of the managed elements (in progress, archive, deletion, etc.), to facilitate exchanges between employees, to reduce travel with telework, etc. (Source : Synairgis)
Why Choose Feng Office?
- Allows you to work more effectively with your colleagues, partners, suppliers and collaborators.
- Allows you to work in simplicity by sharing your documents, emails, contacts, links, tasks, calendar, etc.
- Allows secure access from anywhere to the organization's data as long as you are connected to the Internet.
- Allows you to work from any workstation or laptop alone, an Internet browser is required because there is no application.
- You can quickly create discussions and facilitate the exchange of information.
- You become more productive because you no longer have to worry if you are working on the latest version or if someone makes the same changes as you.
What are the Feng Office Functionalities?
Here is the list of functions managed in Feng Office :
- Notes : Feng Office allows users to create notes and whether or not to link them to other Feng Office objects. These notes can be used in the same way as you do with paper notes, i.e. to record an appointment, a reminder, a meeting report, a brainstorming session, etc.
- Messaging : Feng Office can act as an email client for all users in your company. Feng Office ensures that you no longer have to forward an item or put collaborators in email copies to share information! Your email elements can be managed like any other Feng Office object, i.e. classified, shared, commented, archived. E-mails in Feng Office also offer several other options such as creating a task directly from an email, creating email rules (add-on module) or sharing your emails with one or more people by giving read and/or write permission.
- Contacts : When you select the contacts module you mainly find a contact database. You can easily export and import your contact using vCard and CSV files.
- Documents : One of the main features of Feng Office is that not only can you download, upload and share any type of document, but you can also edit online files to a certain level of degree.
- Calendar : The Feng Office calendar allows you to track tasks and activities between collaborators. You can also synchronize your Google calendars with Feng Office.
- Web links : The link allows you to enter an Internet address in Feng Office. The link acts as a bookmark or favourite.
- Reports : Relationships with Feng Office are designed to save you time. The use of reports is as flexible as possible to process the information you need. With Feng Office you can use the general reports (already included in Feng Office) or create one or more custom reports.
- Tasks : The task module is the most popular module in Feng Office. This module gives you access to the functions of tasks and steps (milestones). The tasks tell users what to do, how to do it, when to do it and how long to do it. The steps (milestones) indicate to the work teams WHEN a series of tasks are expected to be delivered. However, the steps can also exist without tasks and can only be used as a reference point to indicate important dates or steps.
- Time : The time module allows you to perform time entry on your project and operational tasks.
- Basic Billing : Feng Office offers basic billing tracking functionality. When enabled, this function will associate an hourly rate with a default user. This function will allow you to record the total costs related to the time intervals made by a user, whether it is a general time or time related to a task.
- Workflow : It is one of the most powerful tools of Feng Office, if not the most powerful. Feng Office models are powerful tools for getting new projects off to a strong start. Instead of creating all tasks from scratch, you can easily create all tasks with very few entries and then create workflows in record time.
What are the Feng Office add-on Modules?
- Gantt Module : The Gantt module is an additional plug-in. Once installed and activated, it is possible to represent the activity phases in the form of a project distribution structure. The visualization of projects in Gantt format will facilitate the management of resources and their associated activities, allowing you to quickly know if a resource is available or occupied.
- Advanced Messaging Module : The advanced messaging module is an additional plug-in that will allow you to create email rules and send massive amounts of email.
- Additional report modules : The basic additional reports module is an additional "plug in" to output reports on task and user time. Expense
- Management Module : The expense management module is an additional plug-in for tracking expenses and approval related to budgets.
- Clients and project modules : The client and project module is an additional "plug-in" that will allow you to create and manage client projects.
How can the Information be Classified in Feng Office?
Feng Office allows you to classify information in different ways. It becomes very easy to find the information comparable to files stored in Windows file directories. The information is accessible by users according to a permission system assigned by the platform administrator using user profiles. This permission system allows you to control who will have access to the different data and classification systems.
Feng Office can classify the information according to :
- Clients and projects : Management and classification of information according to your projects and client data.
- Folder : Management and classification of information according to a directory system similar to a Windows file system.
- Workspace : Information management and classification according to a collaborative virtual workspace system.
- Label : Information management and classification according to a keyword system, also called "tag".
- Contacts : Manage and classify information according to your contact, user and company information.
We can in Feng Office, from the objects carry among others the following actions :
- Connect objects to each other;
- Comment on objects;
- Share discussions among collaborators;
- Subscribe to objects to know when there is an update on the document or a new comment. Subscribing" and "commenting" can be seen as a way to ensure cohesion in the life cycle of objects and to share information as if it were a "blog" or "wall of discussion".
Some objects also allow you to add custom fields if you want to add new attributes.
Our team can help you with the complete implementation of the software, its hosting or the organization of your project to implement a collaborative approach and document management.